You’re not boring. You profile video shouldn’t be either. Creating a profile video is a great way to put a face to your company – making your brand more relatable. Your profile videos should include basic information about the individual, such as their name, position, and what they do; but, you’ll also want the person to speak on their experience or their passions as they relate to their profession. And you DEFINITELY want it to keep your audiences attention.
Here’s our 6 Tips to Create an Effective Bio Video
- Figure out your “Why”- Why do your customer’s care? Answering that question should drive the creation of the messaging for your profile video. Placing the focus on the customer positions your customer as the “hero” and yourself as the “guide”.
- Don’t write a script – Let someone interview you – you’ll come off so much more genuine than you do when reading a statement.
- Choose the location wisely. The background should fit the industry and be free of distractions.
- Pay attention to lighting – Great, professional lighting makes all the difference. Trust us. Quality production adds an element of professionalism to your brand.
- Listen, sound is important – Bio videos are all about audio, and if you aren’t using professional recording equipment, the sound may interfere with the message you want to convey.
- Mix it up – Having someone speak on camera is a great way to build connection, but after a while it can get boring. Consider adding b-roll working and interacting with clients as a way to make the video more engaging. Every frame of the b-roll should should be advancing your message.